Job Title: Customer Manager
Location: Letchmore Heath, Near Watford, Hertfordshire
Salary: Competitive salary + car allowance + excellent benefits
Are you customer focussed with a strong consultative selling approach? Interested in a global client base with some international travel?
The Customer Manager will play a central role in driving IGD’s UK and international commercial activity. This will primarily focus on driving the overall revenue of the top 50 customers. This role will support the Global Customer Manager who is responsible for this group of customers. It will involve senior-level engagement (up to CEO level) and significant direct commercial responsibility for developing existing customers.
Areas of accountability
- Securing face-to-face meetings with retailers, manufacturers and service providers
- Supporting the Global Customer Manager to manage a portfolio of some of our largest global customers, driving engagement activities as well as managing your own customer base
- Extensive travel to meet customers, understanding their needs and outlining appropriate IGD solutions, often with colleagues in the research team
- Engaging new prospects for the first time, for example by attending international conferences and briefings
- Delivering monthly and annual targets for sales across all commercial activities
- Working closely with our research experts to sell IGD’s total capability and generate leads for customised projects.
- Providing the business with a continuous stream of insightful customer feedback, designed to improve existing services, generating ideas for new ones and monitoring competitive activity
- Delivering first class customer service and support, working closely with our support and research teams to ensure a swift and effective response to incoming queries
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Strong commercial acumen with proven ability to deliver
- Customer focused with a with a strong consultative selling approach
- Excellent relationship developer with existing customers and new prospects
- An affinity for or experience of selling to a wider non-UK audience. This may have come from working abroad or working in an international role but for a UK company.
- Language skills would be an advantage and we would welcome non-native English speakers.
- Ability to work under pressure and on the move
- Operational experience at senior level
- Strong listening skills
- Strong financial management skills
- Strong and innovative leadership skills
- Broad awareness and understanding of the business issues within and affecting IGD
- Effective communicator who acts with diplomacy, discretion and integrity
- Excellent team player
- Analytical with strong influencing and presentational skills
- Intellectually robust
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org