Job Title: Director of Marketing
Location: Letchmore Heath, Near Watford, Hertfordshire
Salary: Competitive salary, car allowance, bonus + excellent benefits
Are you an experienced manager? Looking to advance your career with a new challenge? Do you have proven Marketing skills?
The marketing team sits at the heart of IGD, spanning IGD’s charitable initiatives (e.g. Feeding Britain’s Future, healthy eating, supply chain talent) and commercial activities (online services, conferences and customised projects). The team interfaces with a vast range of internal stakeholders, including IT, sales, events, learning, research and communications.
As part of IGD’s digital transformation project, the marketing team was restructured in 2016. The aim was to create a unified team, centralising capabilities previously held in other departments (e.g. communications and IT). The team is now structured into four clearly defined marketing disciplines: content, CRM, analytics and marketing planning.
We are now looking to appoint a permanent Director of Marketing to:
- Embed our new team and create a centre of marketing excellence within IGD
- Maximise the investment we have made, in both people and technology
- Drive further customer acquisition and our international expansion
- Improve the retention and growth of existing customers
- Act as the voice and champion of the customer within IGD
- Open and exploit new marketing channels
- Optimise our CRM platform and act as the guardian of our customer data
- Create a data-driven decision-making culture
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience of working in the food, retail or consumer goods industry more broadly is a distinct advantage. We are passionate about our industry and require a marketer who is able to delight our customers and exceed their expectations.
- Excellent internal communication, influencing and collaboration skills. Marketing works with virtually every team within IGD, so understanding their needs, but sometimes challenging their views and assumptions, is a part of daily life. Supporting a global sales team with lead generation activity is essential.
- A drive for results and commercial mindset, the marketing team is directly responsible for a range of commercial and charitable KPIs.
- A strong line manager, able to inspire and lead the marketing team of 20. Management of an in-house design, CRM and insight functions beneficial.
- Meticulous planning and project management skills, as well as an eye for detail.
- A track record in applying latest digital marketing techniques to a business audience, including search, email and social media. Experience of creating and delivering effective customer journey plans and lead scoring mechanisms an advantage.
- A desire for testing and continuous improvement based on data-driven insights.
- A proactive, can-do mentality, able to plan ahead but adapt tactically.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org