Job Title: Retail Analyst - International
Location: Letchmore Heath, Near Watford, Hertfordshire
Salary: Competitive salary, discretionary bonus + excellent benefits
Do you have strong analytical skills? Do you have a passion for retail? Looking to advance your career with a new challenge?
We are looking for an individual to contribute to the expansion of IGD’s international retail insight by providing original research and relevant services and exceeding our members’ needs and fulfilling IGD’s commercial requirements.
Original Content for Retail Analysis – Daily News Provision
- Provide daily news coverage for retailers / markets in Africa, Latin America and the Middle East by scanning available sources and using your initiative to write succinct, timely and business critical insight
- Contribute to building Retail Analysis’s social media presence across platforms in relation to retailers / markets in Europe, the Middle East and Africa
Original Content for Retail Analysis – Content Updates
- Provide updated content for your retailers, markets and channels, including profiles, presentations, snapshots, store visits and factsheets.
- Ensuring content is succinct, easy to read and adds value for customers
Original Content for Retail Analysis – Datacentre
- Provide updated forecasts for your retailers, taking into account retailer forecasts, store development programmes and analysis of market shares
Industry Leading Research & Analysis:
- Responsibility for the development of specific research streams (covering themes, retailers and markets), delivered through content for Retail Analysis, webinars and customised work for clients
- Assessing the research needs of customers, undertaking the necessary visits in the UK and internationally, meeting industry contacts to secure first-hand insight and liaising with the sales and marketing departments within IGD
Assistance in the Delivery of Customised Briefings / Projects:
- To support the team in bespoke customised work for clients. For example, compiling presentation content for Boardroom briefings, researching / writing short strategic reports and delivering content where appropriate
Networking & Awareness Building:
- Development of a network of external contacts which will benefit research quality, including international retailers / suppliers, industry representatives, trade bodies, academia and the City.
- Demonstrating technical excellence with customers, inspiring confidence in IGD as an organisation to deliver intelligence and insight.
- Generate IGD awareness-building activity in conjunction with the marketing / press teams. This includes writing articles for Retail Analysis and igd.com and contributing to IGD speaking engagements and helping to promote IGD at external events / exhibitions.
Improving product and service quality
- To seek ways to continually upgrade the quality of the retail team’s products and services through improvements to content and presentation and the introduction of new delivery formats.
- This will include undertaking customer research when necessary and reviewing customer feedback.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Strong analytical skills and to be educated to at least first degree level
- A passion for retail and the experience of working in the food and grocery industry
- Ability to forecast industry trends, including identifying / commenting on the implications
- Strong team ethos and the ability to work cross-functionally or across project teams in a flexible and collaborative way
- Strong communication skills and the ability to write in a clear, concise and customer friendly style
- A knowledge of a European language (Italian, Spanish, French or German) is desirable
- International business experience – ideally within retail, supplier or research/analysis – is desirable
- Excellent IT skills including Excel, PowerPoint & Word
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org