Job Title: SQL BI Developer / DBA
Location: Letchmore Heath, Near Watford, Hertfordshire
Salary: Competitive salary, discretionary bonus + excellent benefits
Experienced in RDBMS Maintenance / Development?
Strong analytical and problem solving skills?
To lead the development, support and maintenance of IGD’s data storage and reporting environment working with the MS SQL Server and BI stack and .NETframeworks. To design, plan and deliver Business Intelligence (BI) solutions using appropriate tools, to support the organisations objectives.
To provide day to day support and maintenance of SQL database environment and undertake database development work as required for CRM and website projects.
The role is part of the wider Development team and will be expected to gain good understanding of technologies that are involved across the team, and work together to achieve common goals.
- Analytical investigation using database querying and profiling tools
- Installation, configuration, administration, maintenance and patching of SQL Server and other database applications
- Producing maintenance plans and other database administration tasks
- Designing, deploying, optimising and supporting SSRS reporting solutions
- Providing user support to data consumers to interpret reports or analysis and solve issues
- Development of SQL database schemas, stored procedures and functions
- Providing SQL expertise and guidance in integration of systems (including CRM and Web)
- Being involved in requirements gathering, specifications and modelling of solutions
- Advising on data warehousing and data mart needs
- Advising on and delivering data transformation and migration needs
- Keeping up to date with data services technology and business intelligence trends to proactively recommend ways to improve data management and insight
- Other data-related development activities as required
- Documenting all data solutions and training and handover where appropriate
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- RDBMS Maintenance/Development experience essential
- SQL/T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, MDX, FetchXML
- Windows Server environments
- Advanced MS SQL Server 2012+ configuration and maintenance
- Experience of Redgate SQL products beneficial
- ETL packages (using SSIS) for data migration and transformation
- SQL Server Analysis (SSAS) packages and services such as cubes, data source views, named queries, dimensions, OLAP
- Broad awareness of the data and development industry
- Experience with MS CRM or other CRM systems
- NET C# development skills beneficial
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com