Job Title: Senior Retail Analyst – Asia (fixed-term contract)
Location: Letchmore Heath, Near Watford, Hertfordshire
Salary: Competitive salary + excellent benefits
Do you have strong analytical skills? Do you have a passion for retail? Looking to advance your career with a new challenge?
To contribute to IGD’s global retail research programme by providing insight into the latest retailer strategies and industry trends developing across Asia. To deliver customised presentations and projects to clients globally. To build strong relationships with our members and potential members, in order deepen IGD’s understanding of Asian retailing, so that we can better support our customers with relevant insights and implications.
Areas of accountability
Retail Analysis – industry leading research and insight:
- Lead specific Asian research streams on Retail Analysis – ownership of content plans covering leading retailers, Asian markets and grocery channels in Asia, ensuring that these fit with the broader IGD Asia-Pacific strategy, plans are regularly communicated to the Asia-Pacific research team and provide a robust research pipeline for our customers.
- Drive the expansion of content on Retail Analysis on an ongoing basis – daily coverage of strategic news, plus the publication of regular insight through reports, videos and webinars. Continually looking to develop, innovate and improve the delivery and design of IGD’s insight, plus ensure that Asian research features strongly in global flagship reports.
- Maintain and develop existing content - provide updated content for your retailers, markets and channels, including profiles, presentations, snapshots, store visits and factsheets to ensure all content is up to date and our research is built on solid foundations.
- Meet the research needs of customers – demonstrate clear understanding of our client’s research needs in the region, secure first-hand insight and ensure that all content on Retail Analysis is business critical, timely and relevant for IGD’s customers.
- Accountable for robust data on retailer performance - provide updated forecasts for your retailers in IGD’s Datacentre, taking into account the latest retailer results, investor relations information, broader research sources, store development programmes and market specific knowledge.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Highly analytical and intellectually robust (educated to at least first degree level)
- Excellent project management skills
- Previous experience within and credible knowledge of the food & grocery industry
- Ability to portray complex ideas simply and concisely
- Ability to forecast industry trends, including identifying / commenting on the implications
- Strong presentation skills in a variety of situations
- Impressive writing skills
- Excellent networker and good at building relationships
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com