Entries are now open for the IGD Awards 2017, the annual event celebrating the best of the food and grocery industry.
With more than 25 years’ heritage, the awards ceremony will take place in London on 3rd October, when more than 600 senior executives will gather to raise a toast to the industry’s achievements over the last 12 months.
Previous winners and finalists have clearly demonstrated their valuable contribution to the grocery industry, for example by developing the skills and talent of their people, investing in their supply chains or sustainability initiatives, or continually innovating to meet shoppers’ changing needs – amongst many other examples.
Free to enter, the awards are relevant to retailers and manufacturers of all sizes and companies can participate in as many categories as they wish.
Joanne Denney-Finch, IGD Chief Executive, said: “We are living through times of great change – yet with this change comes great opportunities for our industry. From exciting new products and inspiring shopping experiences to first-class supply chains and dedicated, passionate people, there is much for food and grocery to celebrate. Every day I am impressed by how our industry is constantly evolving to keep delighting shoppers.
“There’s no finer way to showcase your hard work from the last 12 months than by entering the IGD Awards, which have been celebrating our industry’s greatest achievements for more than 25 years. These awards are very competitive and the great number of entries we receive reflects the innovative, high-quality work taking place across our industry. To be selected as a finalist or a winner is recognition of your outstanding contribution to food and grocery.”
The closing deadline for submitting entries is 29th May, with finalists announced at the beginning of July, judging days throughout September and the awards evening on 3rd October. The winners will be selected by some of the industry’s top personnel, including representatives from IGD and across the supply chain.
To find out more and to submit your application before the closing date of 29th May, please visit: www.igd.com/awards
Notes to editors:
- IGD is a training and research charity that helps the food and grocery industry deliver the needs of the public. Our in-depth understanding of shoppers, retailing and supply chains is supported by our knowledge of broader topics affecting the industry – health, nutrition, sustainability and economics among them. Our reach is global, with experts based in the UK, Singapore and North America. We invest the money we make from selling our expertise back into the industry through our charitable activities
- The full list of categories at this year’s IGD Awards is as follows:
- The IGD Business Transformation Award
- The IGD Consumer Insight Excellence Award
- The IGD Shopper Activation Excellence Award
- The IGD Supply Chain Collaboration Award
- The IGD Food-to-Go Operator of the Year Award
- The IGD Supply Chain Innovation Award
- The IGD Online Retailer of the Year Award
- The IGD Retailer of the Year Award
- The IGD Innovative Store of the Year Award
- The IGD Small Business Award
- The IGD Digital Engagement Award
- The IGD Employability Award
- The IGD Employee Wellbeing Award
- The IGD Leading Edge Award
- The IGD John Sainsbury Learning & Development Award
- The IGD Health & Wellness Award
- The IGD Sustainable Futures Award
- The Grocer Cup
- The IGD Lifetime Achievement Award
- The IGD President's Cup
- For a full list of the winners of the IGD Awards 2016, please visit: http://www.igd.com/Events/IGD-Awards/Winners/
- There are two new categories for 2017, Retailer of the Year and Online Retailer of the Year, the winners of which will be voted for by the 20,000 UK grocery shoppers IGD talks to each year as part of its ShopperVista service
- The IGD Awards are open for entries until 29th May and finalists will be announced in July. Judging days will take place throughout September, with the awards evening on 3rd October
- Follow IGD’s comms team on Twitter @Comms_IGD
For more information, contact:
Laura Roberts on firstname.lastname@example.org or 1923 857141