Applications for 2017 summer schools are now open!
This year, the food science summer schools take place across the country at five universities, and will give you the chance to learn more about the role of science in the food industry.
Can I apply?
If you are in Year 12 and a budding scientist with an interest in food, yes! Places are completely free due to funding from IGD’s Technical Leadership Forum and subsequent sponsorship from the food and grocery industry, meaning anyone can apply.
What will I do?
Each summer school has a different programme providing you the opportunity to understand the role of science in the food industry and make you aware of the different and exciting career opportunities available!
You will get to:
- Experience a 2 or 3 night residential stay at your preferred university, exploring life and learning on campus
- Hear first-hand about science careers in the food industry
- Conduct hands-on experience in fully equipped labs, possibly developing new products
- Meet professionals in the industry
- Go behind the scenes with farm or factory visits
Don’t just take our word for it! Previous summer school attendee and ex GBBO star Martha Collinson said "I loved the summer schools. They gave me so much incentive to find out more about the different aspects of the food industry."
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com