Ability, agility, conviction and creativity
an account manager new to your role or experienced in the role but new to the industry. Perhaps you’ve had no formal training or want to brush up. You might be in another role but still have customer-facing responsibility.
Managing relationships means having the right tools for the job and putting the processes and structures in place — this is your two-day, ‘how to’ guide.
The workshop is
based on our extensive primary research and modelled on industry best practices, offering a full exploration of effective account management. Moreover, participants will get the chance to practice their newly-acquired skills through interactive sessions, ensuring the learning isn’t left behind in the room when they leave.
From interpreting data to drive growth opportunities to creating compelling propositions, you’ll be prepared for every challenge. Complementing the conventional core skills, some of the ‘softer’ attributes of a great account manager are also explored, with the knack for negotiating top of the list.
Our portfolio of proven tools and techniques is supported by the very latest industry insight. Analysis by our research team of the current environment and changing focus of trading relationships makes IGD training the most in-depth and up-to-date around.
Meet the trainers
Graham Dorrington has over 25 years experience working for FMCG companies such as Diageo and Golden Wonder in customer facing commercial roles as well as commercial planning, category management and customer marketing. At IGD he is responsible for designing and delivering a range of commercial capability and business planning programmes.
Philippa South has over 10 years commercial and account management experience working with FMCG companies such as Nestle Cereal Partners, Lindt and Mars Horsecare. At IGD she is responsible for designing and delivering a range of commercial capability and business planning programmes through open workshops and customised in-house for global customers. She heads up IGD’s Customer Engagement research programme.
Philippa is a member of the Association for Coaching.
Please note the trainers for each course may vary based on availability
Sign up to
- Identify growth opportunities by clever use of customer and market data
- Understand the building blocks to a great business plan
- Take a proactive approach: plan how you’ll prepare for customer meetings
- Develop the nous for negotiation
- Communicate effectively by considering the individual
- Registration is open from 8:30am ready for a prompt 9am start and you will be on your way home by 5pm
- A light breakfast will be available on both mornings with unlimited tea, coffee, water and fruit on offer plus homemade cookies, cakes and chef-cooked lunches
- The dress code is smart casual
- We have free parking at IGD, however please check the venue details when booking as we do deliver sessions at other venues from time to time
- To see our location, local train station details and other travel information, please see www.igd.com/location