Everything I do: Putting the shopper at the heart
The understanding type: A category manager/executive or shopper executive. You might be new to your role. Either way, you’re keen to get to know your shopper better and keep on top of current shopping trends.
The workshop is
Delivered by Ray Leung and the Shopper Insight and Category Capability team, it’s a day to get up close and personal: Through a mix of engaging individual and group exercises, you’ll be taught a number of techniques and processes to profile and understand your (professional) ‘significant other’, your shopper.
From ‘shopper vs consumer’ to segmentation and on to cycles and shifts, our packed programme offers insight on this most meaningful relationship for businesses. Based on exclusive IGD research and complemented by proven methods, attendees leave this workshop with both practical knowledge and the tools to apply it.
Meet the trainer
Ray Leung tutors our open workshops and delivers bespoke category and shopper programmes. He has over 12 years FMCG experience working for FMCG companies such as Associated British Foods, Britvic, Reckitt Benckiser and most recently Mondelez. He has worked in marketing, trade marketing, and category management. Ray has a keen understanding of what category management means in the online channel.
Please note the trainers for each course may vary based on availability
- Understand better the shoppers of today — and the shoppers of tomorrow
- Place the shopper at the heart of brand/category/retail decision-making
- Shopper needs, behaviours and trends: Their influence on commercial decisions
- Future scenario planning — the fundamentals
- Registration is open from 8:30am ready for a prompt 9am start and you will be on your way home by 5pm
- A light breakfast will be available on both mornings with unlimited tea, coffee, water and fruit on offer plus homemade cookies, cakes and chef-cooked lunches
- The dress code is smart casual
- We have free parking at IGD, however please check the venue details when booking as we do deliver sessions at other venues from time to time
- To see our location, local train station details and other travel information, please see www.igd.com/location