Supercharge your supply chain by becoming customer-focused
New to supply chain or still early in your career? Keen to understand the chain from beginning to end and back again? You might already have some experience under your belt, but want to widen (and deepen) your knowledge of the workings of a strong supply chain, or simply learn how to become more customer-focused.
If your role is customer-facing or decision-making, this is the course for you. Step forward all those ready to make a real difference to their business performance.
The workshop is
Throwing into sharp focus the vital part supply chains play in underpinning FMCG businesses, this one-day workshop is a dynamic route to supercharging your link in the chain.
Led by IGD's highly-experienced supply chain experts, Darren Smillie and Alex Edge, you'll be fully immersed in a programme of interactive tasks and scenarios. Examining case studies and through simulation, you will get to grips with what is expected of supply chains and how success is measured. Moreover, you will share in the secret of real supply chain success: the part that collaboration plays in driving efficiency, and ultimately, profits.
IGD's extensive body of primary research and proven tools and techniques will inform the day's learning, and delegates will come away with not just knowledge of industry best practice but the tools to put it into effect.
Meet the trainers
Alex Edge joined IGD in 2015 and has a decade of supply chain management experience in various blue chip organisations. Prior to joining IGD, Alex worked in the customer facing supply chain team at United Biscuits where he was responsible for the Tesco account. Alex helped transform the management of the account along with working on other transformational supply chain development initiatives.
Please note the trainers for each course may vary based on availability
Sign up to
- Gain a greater understanding of the end to end supply chain
- Understand the current market context and how it shapes supply chains
- Focus on key customer supply chain strategies and expectations
- Evaluate developments taking place in the supply chain and the implications for suppliers
- Understand and enhance collaboration and growth, use it to drive competitive advantage
- Registration is open from 8:30am ready for a prompt 9am start and you will be on your way home by 5pm
- A light breakfast will be available on both mornings with unlimited tea, coffee, water and fruit on offer plus homemade cookies, cakes and chef-cooked lunches
- The dress code is smart casual
- We have free parking at the IGD Academy, however please check the venue details when booking as we do deliver sessions at other venues from time to time
- To see our location, local train station details and other travel information, please see www.igd.com/academylocation