Our work with the industry, helping to tackle sustainability challenges, doesn’t stop at research. Our vision is to become a leader in corporate social responsibility (CSR) and a best practice beacon for other organisations, particularly small and medium sized enterprises.
For IGD CSR includes all elements of sustainability, including the environment and communities. Our internal CSR programme is led by our chief executive and is focused on the marketplace, workplace, environment and the community.
Our steering group and the wider team oversee a number of projects including:
- Improvements to our building
- Developing our people
- Better use of resources
- Measuring our total carbon footprint
- Providing excellent customer service
- Assessing our business travel and finding ways to minimise the impact
- Providing pre-employment training to young unemployed people from the local area (through our Feeding Britain's Future initiative) see www.feedingbritainsfuture.com